- We follow the principles of the Personal Information Protection Law of Japan, we will handle any such personal information in a manner that we believe is appropriate.
- We will comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning privacy protection in handling your personal information.
- We will only collect your personal information by appropriate and fair means.
- We will not use your personal information beyond the scope of operating the company and to service you and other club members, unless you give your prior consent.
- We will not provide third parties with your personal information unless you give your prior consent.
- We will at all times take responsibility for protection of personal information in the development development of our internal systems in order to ensure appropriate management of personal information.
- We will maintain appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information from improper disclosure or modification and from unauthorized access.
- We will respond appropriately to requests from our users to disclose the personal information that we maintain concerning them, to correct any inaccuracies in such information and to cease use of their personal information.
- We are obliged to disclose all collected information if requested to do so by Local or National Government Authorities or by Building Management (“Rijikai”).
Type of Information We Collect
- The personal information we collect in your user profile include full name, address, e-mail address, sponsor, properties owned and properties leased.
- For property owners and tenants we may also ask for bank account details in order to facilitate financial transactions. Cash will not be accepted in financial transactions with TwinTips.
- Phone numbers / WhatsApp are kept for tenants who sign up for our WhatsApp groups.
- Passwords are collected, but are not visible to anyone apart from the member.
Who can see your information
- TwinTips has assigned website administrators who can see and edit your information.
- TwinTips accepts payments through bank wire-transfer, PayPal and most major credit cards. Credit card information is not stored by TwinTips. However, when processing payments, information required to process or support the payment will be passed to the financial institutions or financial transaction companies.
- TwinTips is using a number of software service providers who through their product offering store personal data on our behalf. The service providers we used are located in the following jurisdictions: Japan, the United States of America and New Zealand.
Personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- Processing of membership applications.
- Processing of legal documents such as rental contracts and tax accounting.
- Responses to members, owners to tenants inquiries and complaints
- Efforts to design and improve product offerings customized to interests of our club members, including through sending questionnaires (no personal information collected thereby will be disclosed to any third parties)
- Efforts to customize services to the interests of selected partners (no personal information collected thereby will be disclosed to any third parties)
Before using personal information for any purpose other than those listed above, we will notify you to request your consent, and will not use your personal information for such other purpose unless you give your consent.
Providing Information to Third Parties
We will not provide your personal information to any third party without your advance consent, except where such disclosure:
- Is in accordance with or required by applicable law of Japan, or is required by the building management “Rijikai” of the facilities where we operate.
- Is necessary for the protection of the safety or property of our club members or the public, and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the individual.
- Is made in cooperation with national or local authorities, or an individual or entity appointed by such authorities to enforce the law or carry out legal process, and in which seeking the consent of the individual could affect such enforcement or legal process.
- Is made pursuant to a merger, acquisition or other business combination.
We may disclose aggregate information regarding users (not including personally identifiable information) to third parties that we believe to be reputable.
If we entrust an individual or entity with the handling of any personal information, we will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over such individual or entity to ensure the security of such personal information.
Children of parents who are registered as TwinTips Club members are automatically treated as members of TwinTips Club and are expected to follow the rules and regulations of the building and TwinTips.
- We do not (knowingly) collect personal details from children under the age of 16.
- If a child under 16 has registered on our site and provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may e-mail us, and we will remove such information from our database and cease communication with the child.